Hi everyone, Gia here today! It is very fitting for me to post today because Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorites. I am really excited to share some Valentine's Day inspiration for you all and hope that you get some ideas to take to your craft space and use today!
First I want to show you a 12 x 12 layout called "Dream Come True"
To create this layout I started with a 12 x 12 watercolor paper background. I painted a heart with my Shimmerz Paints creameez paint in "red necking" using a wet on wet technique. While the paint was still watery I sprinkled a dash of salt around the heart. When dry, it leaves an interesting effect. Then I splattered some diluted rose gold paint around the page. When all of the paint was dry, I layered some punched butterflies and my photo backed with some tags and paper pieces from the Atacama kit. As a finishing touch I did some stamping and heat embossing. I love all of the textures in this layout.
Next up, I made a total of 6 tiny mini photo book Valentine's; one for each member of my family! Except for the heart shaped felt, which I found at the Target dollar spot, all of the supplies for these minis were in the February kits- both the main and Travelers notebook kits. Mixing and matching from these two kits is one of the fun things about subscribing to both kits as they each contain different products but work together so well. I scheduled a video flip through on You Tube which you can check out here.
This project required a bit of planning and organizing before I actually started working on putting them together. Here are the steps simplified for you:
1. Print photos sizing each one to 2x2 or 2x3 size. Select 4-6 photos per mini. In my case, I chose photos of each recipient and some with us together.
2. Choose one or more papers and cut into strips that are 12 inches long and 1 1/2-2 inches wide, depending on your preference. For this, the Crate Paper Good Vibes paper already designed with strips was perfect! I then folded each strip accordion style.
3. Using a machine or needle and thread stitch snips of the pom pom tassel trim in the Atacama kit to the front cover heart.
4. I chose to use the paper with the little houses and the llamas because I couldn't resist how cute they were. I fussy cut some of the elements as embellishments in my minis.
5. I used some stickers to finish the minis that I had leftover from a previous year's Valentine kit. There are so many cute Valentine's Day themed items in the shop right now!
Last but not least, I used some of my February kit supplies to decorate some Altoids tins which I will be sending to my college students for their Valentine's Day gifts! I loved how these came out! I also used the washi tapes that were in the kits to cover the lower part of the tins.
I hope you enjoyed these Valentine's Day Projects and I hope your day is filled with lots of love!