- Lugging around my dSLR is not a small adventure. I use it for planned photoshoots. It is heavy.
- A point & shoot or even better yet for me, a phone camera is easy to toss in my purse and I can always have it on me.
- Photo a Day. There are many Photo a Day challenges floating around Instagram and the web. Challenge yourself one month or even pick your top 5 topics from a month and focus on photographing those at some point. Make it work for you, again, you don't need to do this daily.
Snap a Photo a Day
Fat Mum Slim
The Idea Room
- Achievements, Awards, Special Recognition. True this doesn't happen every week. But whenever, you or someone in your family is recognized for something, photograph the trophy, certificate or even better yet, the person holding the item.
- Artwork. Photograph or insert your child or your own artwork. Tell the story behind the piece and what it was inspired by or why it was created that week.
- Business Trip? Leisure Trip? Take a photo from the plane window.
- Daily Task. Do you have something you do daily that you feel is worth remembering in the future? Example: morning coffee before the kids wake up while reading the paper.
- Sneaky Moment. What happens when you are not in the room? Sneak up on your kids, significant other, a pet, a family member and take a picture of a moment when you are "not suppose to be present". Make it sneaky so they do not hear or see you. This will capture true emotions.
Ask yourself...Will this be important in 5 years? 10 years?
I'm all for random photos once in a while and I think they are great on Instagram, but we are speaking for an album, something friends and family now and in the future will flip through to reminisce about past memories. Does the photo you choose tell a story? Does it mean something in your life? These questions will help you pick out photos from your every day life that tell your story, your families story. It will put meaning back in your album.
Also, don't feel like you need a spread for each week. Some weeks life may not be filled with memorable document-able moments. And that is okay. Skip the week or create 1 12x12 layout. Document your life the way you feel represents you. There is no right or wrong way to accomplish this.
Clique Kits, Lacey, Gia, Jody, Erica.
Thanks for joining me today.